Courtesy of Wally S., Wally’s Urban Market Garden, Saskatoon, SK
You’ll find that the Earthway plates don’t always work as labeled. Here’s what I have found:
1) The radish plate works for radish, beans and peas
2) The carrot plate works for carrots. A single pass will give you larger sized carrots. Double pass,meaning you make one pass, then another, over the same furrow, will give you small to mid-size carrots.
3) The lettuce plate works for lettuce. You can use single, double, or even triple passes, depending on what your lettuce strategy is.
4) The beet/chard plate works for cilantro, dill and spinach.
5) The spinach/radish plate works for leaf lettuce, radish, baby carrots, arugula, mustard, mizuna, turnips.